Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
doomsday

First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info Empty
PostSubject: First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info   First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:02 pm

What brand power & preamp tubes do they ship with? I'm kind of a tube hoarder, so I'm looking forward to experimenting. Are they fixed, or adjustable bias?
Back to top Go down
tjt73

PostSubject: Re: First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info   First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:42 am

I think the new ones ship with JJ's in the pre, sovtek power, and EH rectifier. Fixed bias. I haven't had mine that long( 1 week, bought used), but I'm told they're pretty hard on the power tubes. So when retubing you'll want something pretty rugged in there like a sovtek el-84m, or a 7189
Back to top Go down
musicman13

PostSubject: Re: First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info   First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 8:09 pm

I have an SD30, and SD 18, and had a SD80. tjt73 is correct, they do run a bit hot. The 80 had a fan, and you can put a fan in the 18. Have a tech do it for you. Fairly simple,as their is a spot on the board to attach the wires, and should be already drilled on top to attach. Getting back to the tubes, I use JJ power tubes, a Tung-sol in V1, JJ in V2,and V3, and a NOS RCA Rectifier. (Can be had very reasonable) Experimenting with this amp is alot of fun. BTW, don't expect any moderator help on this board. I asked a question about using a SS rectifier in my 30, and have 0 replies to this day! Quite the shame. After spending a small fortune on amps over the last 30 years, I've settled on Budda.cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info   First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info Empty

Back to top Go down

First Budda, an SD18 head, on the way! Need tube/bias info
Page 1 of 1