Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

30 watt Verbmaster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ibblue2

30 watt Verbmaster Empty
PostSubject: 30 watt Verbmaster   30 watt Verbmaster EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey there;
Anyone out there with a 30 watt version of the Verbmaster. What is the sound and feel difference compared to the 18 watter.
Back to top Go down
Dave B

30 watt Verbmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 watt Verbmaster   30 watt Verbmaster EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Not sure of the tonal differences, as I've heard neither. But I didn't know if you were aware that the 18W had 2 EL84s, and the 30W had 2 6L6s. So most likely there were some noticeable sonic, and feel, differences. My DS30's 6L6 section could be made to sound very Fendery with the open back 2x10 portion of the 1210 cab. I'm assuming the VM30 could get you into that territory, too, as long as you didn't push its volume knob too far past the halfway point (again, using my experiences with the DS30 as a reference point).

I would love to hear the VM30 with its higher headroom, but that may be wishful thinking due to its scarcity.
Back to top Go down
The Eristic

30 watt Verbmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 watt Verbmaster   30 watt Verbmaster EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:10 am

I just picked up a 6L6 VM 1x12" combo. It's definitely not as snarly and immediate as the EL84 Buddas like the TM. More fat and rich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

30 watt Verbmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 watt Verbmaster   30 watt Verbmaster Empty

Back to top Go down

30 watt Verbmaster
Page 1 of 1