Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

(Kinda) New Budda User

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lexodio

PostSubject: (Kinda) New Budda User   Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 am

I LOVE my Budda SD 18. First amp I've ever owned that I'm sure I'll never sell. This thing is fantastic and perfect for about 93% of the music I play just on it's own. The drive channel gets me the right kinda gain every time... unless I feel like playing metal. It's perfect for classic metal, especially with the mids pulled, but I was wondering what pedals people use to take this to "gained-out" more modern-ish drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deanguitars

PostSubject: Re: (Kinda) New Budda User   Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:39 am

well there are a number of pedals out there for modern high gain make sure its true bypass first.Second u gotta ask yourself if u want a tube distortion pedal or solid state usually solid state is cheaper but there are many good pedals that can hang with tube distortion in terms of sound quality check out tonefactor.com or proguitarshop.com they have clips of what they sound like i think you'll find what your looking for there good luck man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jcm800

PostSubject: pedals for your Budda   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Not sure how "metal" your going for, but I use a Xotic AC Booster to push the Budda drive channel just a smidge further. And, when I can control the feedback, I've also run the AC at the same time as Maxon OD808. That, to me, sounds like a boosted drive channel on a VHT I use to have - but again, can get kinda noisy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Kinda) New Budda User   

Back to top Go down

(Kinda) New Budda User
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Budda Amp Forum :: Budda Superdrive-
Jump to: