Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Superdrive 30 combo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tenpennydoug

Superdrive 30 combo Empty
PostSubject: Superdrive 30 combo   Superdrive 30 combo EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:54 am

I've been playing a Superdrive 2 30 watt combo in small bars, huge stages, auditoriums and big outdoor gigs for around 8 years now, and it's the most versatile and durable amp I've ever had. I've replaced the tubes with JJ's a few times, and recently started paying attention to the phase inverter preamp tube which is the one you put closest to the power tubes (EL 84's). After reading up on it a bit I'm looking forward to trying it out at my next few gigs which should test this setup to the full---one of my bands is an Elton John tribute band, so you can imagine how smoothly I have to go from clean to nasty depending on the song. My other band writes hard rocking (usually) originals mixed with a few covers by bands like Weezer, ZZ Top and even Johnny Cash. I love this amp on around 9 o'clock on volume, (pulled out) full bass and middle with the middle switch pulled out, and around 1-2 o'clock on the treble. Then mike it up and put it through a 15-20,000 watt rig and it can melt faces off, even with a Telecaster.
Budda rules. Basketball As do the Celtics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tributetoeltonjohn.com

Superdrive 30 combo
Page 1 of 1