Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Serial Number Help Needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PurpleMojo

Serial Number Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:35 pm

My Budda SD45 head has an unusual serial number. Can anyone shed some light as to when it was made?

Serial Number Help Needed IMG_2471
Back to top Go down
Riff Blister

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 am

I don't know how to decipher the serial number but I can tell by your photo that you have an amp that was built after the Budda/Peavy merger. That would place it's "born on date" Wink sometime around 2009 or later.

Riff
Back to top Go down
PurpleMojo

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 am

Riff Blister wrote:
I don't know how to decipher the serial number but I can tell by your photo that you have an amp that was built after the Budda/Peavy merger. That would place it's "born on date" Wink sometime around 2009 or later.

Riff

Thanks Riff....I figured the "05" would have indicated 2005, but have no idea.
May I ask how you can tell its Peavey era?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Riff Blister

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:46 am

Well, first of all I'd like to apologize to Hartley Peavey for misspelling the name of his amplifiers. Sorry.

A quick way to identify the amps would be to look at the front of the amp. The older amps have a little image of a Buddha framed by a triangle. It's just to the left of the on/off switch. The newer Peavey built amps have replaced the little phat guy with the familiar Budda oval shaped lable.

So, are you using a Budda cabinet as well?
Back to top Go down
PurpleMojo

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 am

Yes, I am using the 2x12 closed back cabinet. I'm hoping to get more time to check out the amp soon. I have been
limping around with a foot problem and once that heals I will have time to tweak.

May I ask, is that a fan next to the rectifier tube?
Back to top Go down
Riff Blister

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I believe the fan is there just to keep air moving around the chassis. The way the Superdrive amps are designed, have the chassis suspended from the top of the head shell with the tubes pointing downward like stalactites. All of the heat from the tubes rises up into the chassis and circuit board. I think the fan is there to keep things from overheating. Other amp designs like Marshall and Mesa amps have the tubes pointing upward with the chassis below them. I don't know why Budda goes the other way.

What do you think of those Phat 12 speakers?

Take care of that foot. Smile
Back to top Go down
PurpleMojo

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks Riff....You have been a big help.
From what I hear I like the Phat 12's. I know they will season over time.
I am used to Vintage 30 and Celestion Golds.

I suffer from Gout from time to time. It's no fun! lol

Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serial Number Help Needed   Serial Number Help Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Serial Number Help Needed
Page 1 of 1