Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan noise on my Superdrive 18

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morty123

Fan noise on my Superdrive 18 Empty
PostSubject: Fan noise on my Superdrive 18   Fan noise on my Superdrive 18 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:13 am

Hi guys. I recently bought a used Superdrive 18 and love it to bits. all the best bits of a Vox AC and a Plexi in one amp. Good FX loop as well.

The one thing that bugs me is the noise created by the cooling fan. Does anyone else have this issue? I've wondered whether to just replace the fan like for like on the basis that the fan may have become noisy due to age/use etc. Second option is to fit an ultra quiet fan with the required capacity so as to ensure everything stays cool. The thrird option is to fit a switch so I can turn the fan off when playing at home at low volume but turn it on when rehearsing or gigging. This is on the basis that the amp will generate more heat when its running at high volume.

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on the best solution?
Back to top Go down
FretNoize

PostSubject: Re: Fan noise on my Superdrive 18   Fan noise on my Superdrive 18 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Yep, same issue here. I'm thinkin as well to maybe fit in a quiet fan.
Back to top Go down
Morty123

PostSubject: Re: Fan noise on my Superdrive 18   Fan noise on my Superdrive 18 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:38 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sidartha

PostSubject: Re: Fan noise on my Superdrive 18   Fan noise on my Superdrive 18 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Yup, fans are a bit loud, but it is not really noticeable in a jamming/gig situation. You could put a quieter fan in it if it bugs you, or if you need it whisper quiet for recording - I don't have the need myself, and kinda prefer just to ignore it. I even wonder if it is really needed, as I have never had a tube amp "overheat" on me. But since is there by design, I just leave it alone. Interested to see other people's take on the fan though, cool question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan noise on my Superdrive 18   Fan noise on my Superdrive 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan noise on my Superdrive 18
Page 1 of 1