Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RaistMagus

Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom) Empty
PostSubject: Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom)   Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:42 am

Hi all

I just got an SD 30 combo. The distortion is sweeet but the clean channel is not clean at all. No headroom. Not crystal chimey clean, it's very gritty even with the rythm pot at 1/10. Seriously, I've played (rehearsed and gigged) with lots of amps and owned 3-4 other amps and I can definitely say that there is no clean sound from my Budda.

I got the amp checked by the best amp tech around. He used to sell the older p2p Buddas and he was troubled as well. He told me that everything is working properly, nothing is wrong with the components and that this is the way the amp is made to sound, however, his older Budda p2p amps could do clean.

Do you have any suggestions to make my 'clean' channel clean?
Back to top Go down
PurpleMojo

PostSubject: Re: Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom)   Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 pm

hmmm? I have no clue. I have the SD45 and I have plenty of usable headroom.
Are you using high output pickups?
Back to top Go down
RaistMagus

PostSubject: Re: Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom)   Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom) EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:25 am

I got a reply from Budda support.

I was told that the sd 30 was not made for clean headroom but for creamy overdrive, so there's not an actual issue with the amp.

Moreover, "You can take some dirt out by replacing the V1 12AX7 with a 12AY7, which will lower the gain"

I'll try the tube swap and see what happens : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom)   Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom) Empty

Back to top Go down

Budda SD 30 combo issue (no headroom)
Page 1 of 1