Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?

Go down 
+3
Dolan
sickboy79
brentsp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brentsp
Admin

Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? Empty
PostSubject: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 8:05 am

I have the 212 combo. I think it just ok, I'd like to hear it in a closed back 412 and see if I'd like it better but I'm not a huge fan of them. I know its a unfair and bad comparison but when I connect the SD up to my greenback loaded Bogner 412 its affraid Its just amazing how great it sounds with greenbacks!
Back to top Go down
https://buddaampforum.forumakers.com
sickboy79

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 10:15 am

I've never tried one of the Budda cabs or their speakers. I run my SD30 through a couple different Marshall 4x12s - one with GBs, the other w/G12H30s. Both sound amazing with the SD30!

That said, I would like to hear the Budda labeled speakers in person sometime.
Back to top Go down
Dolan

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey Brent.................thanks for getting the Budda forum up and running!! Seems we are both Bogner and Budda lovers. I often think of my SD 18 II as a miniature Ecstasy.

Anyway, I dont really care that much for the Phat speaker. Theres something that was giving my ears a fit so I swapped out a WGS (clone of a Vintage 30) and I like that better. Would like to try a Greenback and a G12H but that will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Eddie V

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:05 pm

So far I like the Phat in my SD II 18 but I haven't had a chance to AB it with anything else or my CAA/Shur 212 cab with V30's. I'ts for sure a different sound but I think that's what I like about it.
I like to mix speakers & combos live anyway to get a blend of wet/dry etc with my DrZ or Bad Cat. Both of my combos have V30's but I think I would like to try Scumbacks/Greenbacks. From what I've heard they seem pretty cool.
Brad
Back to top Go down
http://countylinerocks.com
hipbilly

PostSubject: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:12 pm

Howdy all,
Twinmaster user here. 2x12 combo. Back to Budda speaks after trying Heritage Greenbacks in it. Greenback's high end was outstanding. Clear with great chime and no rasp. Mids were not as up front as the Buddas which was a problem in a band setting. Low end on greenback was nice and tight but not fillin' the space enough as the Buddas. I play roots rock where I don't play with a ton of thunky chunky gain and would love to find a speaker that has the high end sweetness of the greenback but the mid and low response of the Buddas. Too much to ask for perfect?
Back to top Go down
brentsp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 7:16 am

hipbilly wrote:
Howdy all,
Twinmaster user here. 2x12 combo. Back to Budda speaks after trying Heritage Greenbacks in it. Greenback's high end was outstanding. Clear with great chime and no rasp. Mids were not as up front as the Buddas which was a problem in a band setting. Low end on greenback was nice and tight but not fillin' the space enough as the Buddas. I play roots rock where I don't play with a ton of thunky chunky gain and would love to find a speaker that has the high end sweetness of the greenback but the mid and low response of the Buddas. Too much to ask for perfect?

Sounds like your describing a GH30.
Back to top Go down
https://buddaampforum.forumakers.com
hipbilly

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:21 am

Anyone have any experience with this GH30 knockoff?

http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=grim_30
Back to top Go down
Eddie V

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:45 am

Have you tried putting one speaker each in your 212?
You might get the "best of both worlds"VH.
Back to top Go down
http://countylinerocks.com
hipbilly

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Did the one Budda one greenback thing. The Budda is so much more efficient that it kind of buried the sweetness of the greenback. I think you need speakers of closer efficiency to really get the best of both worlds thing happening.
Back to top Go down
rubess

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:52 pm

I just tried a GH30 in my Verbmaster and it did not sound very good. The GH30 is one of my favorite speakers, especially for lower wattage amps, but it sounded "lifeless" in the Verbmaster - no chime at all, just dull. The original Budda speaker is far superior sounding. Incredible amp, by the way - just acquired it last week on ebay, and I feel so LUCKY!!!
Back to top Go down
Budda finger

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:07 am

I put my SD30 II ontop of my ole boogie vertical 2 x 12 with V30's in it and it freakin rocked!! made my Lonestar sound like an am radio........no joke. didnt realize what a peice of crap eq system boogies had untill now. lets see Lonestar 15 knobs.......am radio.......Budda 6 knobs.......God tone!!!! yeah I am happy.............oh any one wanna buy a really sweet sounding Mesa Boogie Lonestar 100/50?
Back to top Go down
Budda finger

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 12:56 pm

I just recieved a budda 1x12 closed back extension cab with the Phat 12 in it. I had been playing the Budda SD 30 II all week with my Mesa Vertical Rectifier cab which has two vinatge 30's in it. That cab Rocks with the SD30. I was sure the 1 x 12 cab would not sound as big, but I was willing to deal with that over portability, besides we mic our cabs live...........I was WRONG!!!! The Budda 1 x 12 with the Phat 12 in it sounded just as big as the Mesa Recto vertical 2 x 12 cab......it even had a tad more low end!!!!! it does look a little silly with the head on it though, because the head is a inch or so wider than the cab on each side but hey I buy with my ears not my eyes!!! I love the Phat 12. I highly recomend the 1 x 12 extension cab it friggin rocks and is soooooo light weight and portable........that recto cab is a heavy beast...........uh its for sale too .........any one interrested?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?   Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does everyone pretty much like the Budda Phat speaker?
Page 1 of 1