Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New SD45 = Amazing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jamest363

New SD45 = Amazing Empty
PostSubject: New SD45 = Amazing   New SD45 = Amazing EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 am

Have bought a new budda sd 45 series 2 and thought i would share my thoughts.

So far in my search for tone i have gone

Koch powertone 2 - 3 channel, great cleans, no real output tube distortion, but quite nice for heavy stuff

Bad cat hot cat 30r - To begin with blown away but gradually found it was not for me, easy to get a bad sound, quite limited tones, not quite loud enough

cornell plexi 45/50 - couldn't dial it in, didnt really like bass response and didnt take pedals as well as i thought it would, probably could have done with more time with it but sold quite quickly.

Bogner ecstatsy 101b - Found a little too compressed and while sounding very very good didnt have the magical vibe i thought considering the price tag. Maybe a little polite in the midrange also

budda sd 45 - really like the rhythm channel, vox like, nice break up, loves pedals. The lead channel has the most amazing clarity, complexity in the mids, bass is quite tight through correct cab ie bogner 4x12 v30's. And although killer loud seem to be able to get output tube distortion easily. as everybody seems to point out very transparent so fingers need to be precise! Only negative is sheer volume, so an attenuator maybe next investment. Also loop is the best i've heard, if anybody has any suggestion for a multi effects unit that sounds good through the loop of the sd45 give me a shout.

I cant imagine anybody being disappointed with this amp, unless you don't like mids as it cuts like a knife but still sounds warm and rounded, for me perfection!
Back to top Go down
Riff Blister

New SD45 = Amazing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SD45 = Amazing   New SD45 = Amazing EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:58 pm

I absolutely love my SD45II. I do use a Dr. Z Airbrake and it seems to tame the volume down just fine. I play it with a Mesa 2x12 Recto cabinet loaded with Scumback M75s. The best thing I did for this amp and my Stiletto was to loose the V30s. I can't tell you how much those speakers have done to improve my tone.
Back to top Go down
PurpleMojo

New SD45 = Amazing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SD45 = Amazing   New SD45 = Amazing EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 pm

I use the 8ohm Hotplate. It really lets my 45 rip at lower volumes.
After having this amp for over a month now I can say that this is the best sounding amp I have ever owned.
It brings old school rock to the table, but adds overtones that are astounding. My friend uses a JTM 45 Marshall
and even he admits that the Budda sounds better. I say the KT66 tubes are the secret weapons.

New SD45 = Amazing BHP

New SD45 = Amazing SD45Board
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New SD45 = Amazing Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SD45 = Amazing   New SD45 = Amazing Empty

Back to top Go down

New SD45 = Amazing
Page 1 of 1