Budda Amp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Budda Amp Forum

Discussion of Budda amps

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this forum still active? anyone there?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jamme61

Is this forum still active? anyone there?  Empty
PostSubject: Is this forum still active? anyone there?    Is this forum still active? anyone there?  EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 am

There dosen't seem to be anything going on here (is anyone reading this?) Is there another Budda forum out there? I'm looking for mod info and tech info on my SD30. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
peacefulruler

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum still active? anyone there?    Is this forum still active? anyone there?  EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Yes, it would be nice if one of you guys could post a user's manual.
Back to top Go down
Lance-a-not

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum still active? anyone there?    Is this forum still active? anyone there?  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:16 am

Here are the manuals:
http://www.budda.com/resources/index.cfm
--------------------------------------------------

Here are Mods I have saved on my computer that I found on the net:

Superdrive 30
Normal / Drive volume balance mod.
OK, here’s the disclaimer: Due to the fact that in certain instances the potential for death or bodily harm could exist, we are recommending that a qualified service technician perform the following work. Budda Amplification will not be responsible for the death or injury of anyone performing this work, and substandard workmanship could also lead to the product warranty becoming null and void.

In the center row of components (yeah, the ones all in a row like little soldiers), count 18 components in from the input jack side of the board (total of 10 resistors and 8 capacitors). It should be a 560K resistor (grn,blu,yel). Parallel another 560K across it thereby reducing the total resistance to 280K. This should bring up the Drive volume with respect to the Normal volume. If it doesn't bring it up enough, go to a lower value resistor like a 470K, 330K, or a 220K

And now for the adventurous:
For variable control of the Drive Channel level, substitute a 100Kohm resistor and a 500Kohm potentiometer, wired in series, in place of the 560Kohm resistor. If you’re going to mount the pot somewhere on the chassis, more than likely the rear panel, it’s probably best to use a dual-conductor co-ax cable with the shield connected to ground on the board end only.

Pulling two tubes from the SD30. They advised me to do 3 things when doing this ...
1. Pull the inner 2 power tubes, to allow for maximum breathing room.
2. Lower the voltage by substituting a 5y3 rectifier in place of the standard one.
3. What ever ohm load you are running into, select half of that value on the back of the chasis.

This is what I got from Jeff when I asked the same question (pulling tubes from my superdrive II 30 combo):

"Yes, you can pull
two tubes and no it won't stress the amp. I would just recommend that you
stay away from the Sovtek 5Y3, as I have seen them output more voltage than
the 5U4 that it is replacing and that is not a desirable condition.

You can pull the inner pair, the outer pair, #1&3 or #2&4, as long as it is
one from each side (left pair and right pair)."

Remember also select ohm load so that it`s half of the value you`re running into.

the 222k cap on V2 that can be swapped for a 180k. Brightens up the amp a bit..

I hope this helps!!!
Back to top Go down
peacefulruler

PostSubject: Thanks!   Is this forum still active? anyone there?  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks, Lance-a-not.

Anyone out there have a scanned version of the Superdrive 30 Series 1 manual?
Back to top Go down
jamme61

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum still active? anyone there?    Is this forum still active? anyone there?  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks much for the info. i love this amp I just wish there were more of us out there to share with. I was able to e-mail Jeff Bober about the sd 30. great guy, he got back asap but, he can't send me a schematic. Here's his e-mail, he talks a little about the amp.

Hello Jerry,

Sorry, but from the time we started Budda, we have not published our schematics. That said, I feel it would be inappropriate for me to make them available at this time seeing as how the current owners of Budda are also not making them available.

As for your questions:

The dual pot simply controls the amount of signal from two different places in the circuit. It does not mix the clean and crunch together.

Half of V1 is used for the Rhythm channel and both halves are used for the Drive channel.

V2 is cathode follower tone stack drive and recovery.

V3 is phase inverter.

I hope that helps.

Have a Great Day,

Jeff Bober

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum still active? anyone there?    Is this forum still active? anyone there?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this forum still active? anyone there?
Page 1 of 1